The Benefits of Coolant Recycling, Outweigh the Up-Front Costs
If you need a more effective and profitable way to reclaim your metalworking fluid, a modern coolant recycling equipment the answer. Implementing the right fluid reclamation system provides fast ROI and enhances profits, equipment lifespan and employee safety.
Costs of Not Filtering Machine Tool Coolant
While water comprises most of the coolant, it’s the concentrate in it that makes it both expensive and hazardous. Sometimes to reduce this cost, old coolant is reused without filtration. The problem with this method is that once the coolant has been used, its quality and the proportion of concentrate to water is compromised leading to many issues including:
- Decreased effectiveness in controlling heat and lubricity
- Increase in particulates such as bacteria and residual tramp oil deposits
- Unnecessary tool degradation, premature tool failure
- Increased operational costs
- Costly fines or even the complete shutdown due to non-compliance with local, state and federal regulations for coolant disposal
- Rancid odor from bacteria within the contaminated fluid.
- Cost of expensive biocides to control the foul stench
- Employee exposure to rancid coolant resulting in skin irritations and other health hazards
- Employee morale and overall productivity due to unsafe working environment.
The Solution for Optimal Value in Coolant Recovery
A modern and proven coolant recycling system, like the PRAB Guardian™ Coolant Recycling System are low maintenance, resulting in lower costs, minimal downtime, and less employee contact with hazardous coolant. When using water-based coolants in a metalworking process, this is the ideal solution for finding optimal value. Several of the benefits include:
- Reduced waste disposal costs – up to 90%
- Decrease in new coolant purchases – up to 75%
- Versatile fluid collection points
- Elimination of suspended solids
- Greater coolant monitoring and management
- Removal of free floating and mechanically dispersed tramp oils up to 1/10% or less
- Providing the ideal mixture of water and concentrate
- Improved tool life between 25% and 209%
Read the full article at Fabricating & Metalworking online
For more information on the PRAB Guardian Coolant Recycling System, or other fluid filtration recycling options contact us, or request a quote today.