We are a privately-held company with a history that spans 65 years. We operate in a collaborative, hands-on work environment. The decisions you make today can have an impact on our company and our customers tomorrow. Everyone from the CEO to the shipping manager works together with the goal of providing the best equipment and service to our customers.
Our company is part of KMC Global, a group of companies brought together for our similarities and unique differences. Our sister companies, along with our own division, offer room for position and location growth and development. The path can be as unique as the individual.
Prab is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in one of the following positions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
Production Control Engineer
Job Description Overview
The Production Control Engineer position is responsible for entering equipment and parts orders into Visual and revising as needed, assisting in smoothing order flow throughout the department, and material and product cost monitoring and cost reduction.
- Dedication to excellence and a quality output
- Associates degree in Manufacturing Technology (or similar discipline) and two-year minimum experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering drawings to include AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT (Familiarity with 3D software preferred)
- General understanding of manufacturing principles and procedures (Knowledge of Laser Cutting and Press Brake Forming equipment preferred)
- Knowledge of metals including steel sheet and structural shapes
- General math skills
- Keyboard speed and proficiency
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- History of purchasing/inventory control and/or steel processes preferred
- General understanding of accounting principles and procedures preferred
- Promote excellence throughout the department
- Create work orders as required either by customer orders or by inventory requirements
- Purchasing, inventory control and quoting of raw steel product
- Purchasing products as need per production control
- Good communication skills working with sales, engineering, customer service, vendors and shop personnel
Field Service Technician
Job Description Overview
Field Service Technicians are responsible for the service of PRAB, Inc. products at Customer locations. They perform preventive maintenance, site surveys, installations, modifications and equipment start-ups provide training and re-training in the use of PRAB, Inc. equipment. This position reports to the Customer Service Manager.
- Service PRAB & Hapman products at Customer locations
- Perform preventive maintenance, site surveys, installations, modifications and equipment start-ups as required by customers
- Provide training and re-training in the use of PRAB & Hapman equipment at customer locations
- Provide phone service and troubleshooting support from home office
- Provide sales leads to Sales Department
- Determine parts required for in field repairs
- Co-ordination of service trips including travel plans
- Accurately communicate and discuss problems with customers
- Document all aspects of Service work performed
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to travel – 80 to 85% travel time (US and International travel)
- Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge and ability to perform high quality welds
- Working knowledge of PLC controls and logic
- Hydraulic knowledge/troubleshooting beneficial
- High School education, technical training and 2 to 4 years of related technical service work
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations