We are a privately-held company with a history that spans 65 years. We operate in a collaborative, hands-on work environment. The decisions you make today can have an impact on our company and our customers tomorrow. Everyone from the CEO to the shipping manager works together with the goal of providing the best equipment and service to our customers.
Our company is part of KMC Global, a group of companies brought together for our similarities and unique differences. Our sister companies, along with our own division, offer room for position and location growth and development. The path can be as unique as the individual.
Prab is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in one of the following positions, please contact us at email@example.com with your resume.
Field Service Technician
Job Description Overview
Field Service Technicians are responsible for the service of KMC Global customers and product lines. They perform preventive maintenance, site surveys, installations, modifications, equipment start-ups, provide training and re-training in the use of KMC Global equipment. This position reports to the Technical Development Coordinator and Customer Service Manager as necessary.
- Dedication to excellence and a quality output
- Honest, Reliable, and displays irreversible Integrity
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to travel – 80 to 85% (US and International travel)
- Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge and ability to perform high quality welds
- Working knowledge of PLC controls and logic
- Hydraulic knowledge/troubleshooting beneficial
- High School education, technical training and 2 to 4 years of related technical service work
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situation
- Ability to adhere to Standard Operating Procedure
- Able to complete service reports at the completion of service, to provide customer resolution.
The following activities are required in this position:
- Promoting excellence throughout the department
- Service PRAB & Hapman products at customer locations
- Provide training and re-training in the use of PRAB & Hapman equipment at customer locations
- Provide phone service and troubleshooting support from home office
- Provide sales leads to Sales Department
- Determine parts required for in field repairs
- Co-ordination of service trips including travel plans
- Accurately communicate and discuss problems with customers
- Document all aspects of Service work performed