PRAB Tramp Oil Separator
Proven to Cut New Coolant Purchases Up to 75%
Solve Issues Associated with Tramp-Oil
Tramp-oil separators use gravity flow and coalescence to remove free-floating and mechanically dispersed tramp-oils, bacteria, slime, inverted emulsions, and more from individual machine sumps, central systems, and wash tanks. With a PRAB system you can cut new coolant purchases up to 75%, reduce your hazardous waste volumes up to 90%, and get a payback on your system in as little as 6-9 months.
- Mobile options
- Compact, efficient, complete system
- Unattended operation
- Minimal plant space required for installation
- Air or electric powered
- Systems available to process 180 to 9,000 gallons per hour and higher
- Manual and automatic air sparging system
- Add magnetic separator, pre-filtration and polishing filter
- Gravity flow and pump
- Clean Sumps
- Reduces new fluid purchase costs by up to 75%
- Reduces cost of washwater detergents and disposal
- System payback in 6-9 months
- Reduces hazardous waste volumes by up to 90%
- Reduces tramp oil up to 99% in a single pass
- Separated tramp oils can be sold or recycled
- Minimal maintenance
Reduce Fluid Disposal Costs by Approximately 90%
Eliminate 99% of Tramp-Oils in a Single Pass
Tramp-oils allowed to accumulate in a coolant or washwater system will cause operating problems, such as machine downtime, increased tool wear, cleaning and filtering problems. Preventive maintenance and good housekeeping practices help reduce tramp-oils, but they are never completely eliminated.
The PRAB Tramp-Oil Separator extends the production life of oil-based, semi-synthetic, and synthetic coolants as well as alkaline washwaters by removing free-floating and dispersed tramp-oils from the coolant reservoir or central system.
Flow Capacity (USGPM)
Standard units operate up to 150°F. Higher temperature units available.